Useful Information about Torres Vedras
Torres Vedras is a municipality characterized by its fertile lands full of color, an Atlantic coast that makes us live waves of pleasure, rich gastronomy and welcoming people.
About 50 km from Lisbon, Torres Vedras is an area full of attractions for those who like contrasting landscapes, history, sports, gastronomy and friendly and very festive people.
There is much to experience, much to remember, between waves of pleasure, sea, wind, weather… Discover Torres Vedras, a municipality with about 80 thousand inhabitants, marked by its essentially agricultural economy and its vineyards landscape, with a smell of the Atlantic sea.
With more than 400km2 of area, this is the largest municipality in the district of Lisbon and it has about 20 kms of coast, composed of beaches of rare beauty and extension. There are no shortage of archaeological sites, Roman villages, Arabian castles, medieval churches and monasteries, 16th and 18th century fortresses and manors… an additional surprise, in a region that has good wine and delicious cuisine to experience.
To make the visit even sweeter, be sure to taste the typical Bean Pastries – flavors of a land you will remember!
In the city, there is also rich heritage, worthy of a visit, streets and alleys that trace the experience of a dynamic city, in a contrast of modernity that integrates a history… here there were wars, heroic feats of resistance and great victories!
How to arrive
- Lisboa – Torres Vedras: you should follow A8 towards Leiria until exit 7 – Torres Vedras Sul. Alternatively, you can follow the N8 through Venda do Pinheiro and Turcifal until Torres Vedras.
- Porto – Torres Vedras: you should follow A1 and exit in the direction of Aveiro, continue on A17 towards Leiria and then follow the A8 to the exit 8 for the N115-2 in Torres Vedras.
By Public Transportation:
- Train – linha Coimbra/Figueira da Foz – Lisboa (consult information / schedules in: https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/en)
- Buses – Barraqueiro Oeste (consult information / schedules in: https://www.barraqueiro-oeste.pt/barraqueirooeste/homepage.aspx)
- Buses – Rede de Expressos (consult information / schedules in: https://www.rede-expressos.pt/en)
In the city of Torres Vedras
Pensão S. Pedro
Address: Rua Mouzinho de Albuquerque, nº2 G, 2560-354 Torres Vedras
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org | 261 330 130
Address: Avenida Tenente Valadim, nº18, 2560-247 Torres Vedras
Contacts: email@example.com | 261 314 146
Stay Hotel Torres Vedras Centro
Address: Praça 25 de Abril, nº17, 2560-285 Torres Vedras
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org | 261 314 232
On the Beach
Hotel Apartamentos Praia Azul
Address: Praia Azul, Santa Cruz, 2560-411 Silveira
Contacts: email@example.com | 261 930 100
In the Municipality
Residencial Ninho do Pinhal
Address : Estrada Nacional 247, nº1, Casalinhos de Alfaiata, 2560-441 Santa Cruz
Contacts: firstname.lastname@example.org | 261 933 734