Regulations Art&Factory Aveiro 2021
The Competition is open to the participation of two types of competitors:
- Creatives from the audiovisual sector – Art&Factory Pro, aimed at employees of production companies or freelancers who already have a portfolio, which may be national or from any country in the world, including multinational teams;
Higher or Vocational Education Student Teams – Art&Factory Schools, enrolled in courses in the fields of Visual Arts and Audiovisual Arts.
The following goals stand out:
- Support the enrichment of the portfolio of young creatives, in a competitive context, appealing to their inventive capacity in the search for innovative solutions;
- Raise awareness among participants of the importance of the natural and cultural heritage of the municipality of Aveiro, reinforcing its attractiveness and brand value;
- Support training in the fields of audiovisual communication, through competitive challenges that embody a memorable experience of teamwork.
- Encourage the sharing of experiences and knowledge among young students from different educational institutions and among students and young people with a consolidated professional path in the Audiovisual and Photography sector;
- Strengthen the cooperation ties between the Centro de Portugal Film Commission, the municipality of Aveiro and the Regional Tourism Entity Centro de Portugal.
3. Participation Conditions
3.1. Application deadlines
Applications must be submitted between the 15th of July and the 10th of September, by filling the form available on the website: https://tourfilm-festival.com/en/artfactory-2021/.
3.2. Number of teams
The table below shows the minimum and the maximum number of teams needed to carry out each competition modality (Pro and Schools), as well as the number of team members.
|Number of Teams||Number of Teams||Members per Team||Members per Team|
|Type of Production||Art&Factory Pro||Art&Factory Schools||Art&Factory Pro||Art&Factory Schools|
|Promo||From 3 to 8||From 3 to 8||From 3 to 4||From 3 to 4|
|Short Doc||From 3 to 8||From 3 to 8||From 3 to 4||From 3 to 4|
|Photography||From 3 to 8||From 3 to 8||From 1 to 2||From 1 to 2|
3.3. Application to the Art&Factory Pro competition
The participation in the Art&Factory Pro competition requires the team leader to prove that they are a professional in the photography or audiovisual sector, through the presentation of elements from their portfolio.
3.4. Application to the Art&Factory Schools competition
Teams from any course in the field of Visual or Audiovisual Arts, from any Higher or Vocational Education Institution in Portugal or any other country in Europe, can compete for the Art&Factory Aveiro 2021, provided they meet the following eligibility conditions:
- All participants must be enrolled in a higher education or vocational course in the fields of Visual or Audiovisual Arts in the academic year 2021-2022;
- Each team must have as supervisor a teacher from the Educational Institution attended by the students who are part of the respective team, and the teacher is responsible for filling out and signing the registration form;
- If the number of entries exceeds the maximum number of teams admitted to the competition, the following selection criteria will be considered:
- Preference to teams formed by students who are attending the last year of the respective courses;
- Preference to teams from Educational Institutions that include the participation in the Art&Factory Aveiro 2021 contest in their activity plan for the academic year 2021-2022.
3.5. Availability to participate
In the application form, each team must confirm the following requirements:
- Availability to pay for their travel to the city of Aveiro;
- Availability to stay in Aveiro between the 22nd (Friday) and 26th of October (Tuesday).
- Be self-sufficient in technical means (cameras, computers, editing software, etc.) to carry out your own project.
4. Teams Support
The support to be given by the Festival organization to each team includes:
(i) accommodation for teams from other cities (youth hostel or equivalent);
(ii) food (individual lunch vouchers; collective dinner in a restaurant);
(iii) facilities for work meetings;
(iv) other specific support, depending on the type of script and prior request and confirmation of availability: local production assistant; car for trips to places far from the center; voucher for a moliceiro trip; among others.
5. Length of Videos, Number of Photographs and Formats
The specifications, regarding the duration of audiovisual productions, number and format of photographs, are the same for the Pro and the Schools competition.
- Short Doc: from 4 to 8 minutes;
- Promo: from 1 to 3 minutes.
Regarding the Photography Section, each participating team must deliver:
- a selection of 10 photographs in digital version;
- 3 printed photographs, whose dimensions must be between A3 and A2 format.
6. Eligible Themes
The thematic scope of Art&Factory includes the following categories:
- “Natural Heritage”
- “Built Heritage”
- “Arts and crafts”
- “Living culture”
- “Flavours and aromas”
- Combination of two or more themes.
7. Copyright Safeguard
- Each participating team transfers to the ART&TUR Festival the rights to use their work, specifically, the right to exhibit the film in public places or on social media and other online platforms.
- Each team is responsible for safeguarding the copyrights relating to the soundtrack included in their work.
- All works submitted in competition must include:
- An opening frame with the identification of the competition, to be provided by the festival organization;
- A frame at the end with the credits and another with separate reference to the Art&Factory sponsoring entities.
8. Exhibition of Works Produced in Art&Factory
Works produced within the scope of Art&Factory Aveiro 2021 will be exhibited for the first time on the opening day of the ART&TUR Festival – October 26, 2021 – to an audience and to the Festival’s international jury.
9. Jury Evaluation
The International Jury of the ART&TUR Festival (https://tourfilm-festival.com/en/juri_2021/) will meet soon after the exhibition of the works, and the President of the Jury must deliver to the Festival Direction a sealed envelope with the voting results.
10. Winners Audience
The winning photos and videos will only be known by the ART&TUR Festival Aveiro 2021 organising team during the Awards Ceremony, when the presenter opens the envelopes and publicly announces the winners (October 29, 2021).
In each competition (Pro vs Schools) and competitive section (promo, doc and photography), the following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st prize
- 2nd prize
The jury can also award a prize to two works (ex-aequo) or honourable mentions.
The prizes will be symbolic in nature (non-monetary) and consist of the delivery of an award (trophy) and a certificate issued by the Direction of the ART&TUR Festival.
All individual participants will receive a certificate.
12. International Promotion of Awarded Works at the ART&TUR Festival
The winning videos will be promoted internationally through their registration in 50 international festivals, during the year 2022, as a way of enriching the portfolio of their authors and promoting the city of Aveiro.
The direction of the ART&TUR Festival will be responsible for the international promotion of the works produced by the Art&Factory teams (Pro and Schools), within the scope of Art&Factory Aveiro 2021.