Rules and Regulations of ART&TUR are issued in Portuguese and English. In case of doubt, the Portuguese version is valid.
Please fill out the registration form very carefully. The data provided will be used in certificates, diplomas and listings of the Festival. Once you have submitted the registration form you can edit it from your account.
1. FESTIVAL ENTRIES
The same film can be entered into different categories. In this sense, we encourage and invite multiple registrations. In the process of registration it is mandatory:
- Acces to FilmFreeway (www.filmfreeway.com/ARTTUR) and submit the films in the platform;
- Pay the entry fee for each film or campaign submitted.
2. COMPETITION: SECTIONS FORMATS AND THEMES
ART&TUR Festival accepts films in three different sections:
a) Promotional Films – This section will include ﬁlms produced for a speciﬁc client (DMO, companies or other organizations) and their goal is to promote a given product, service or territory. Their general proposal is to get a persuasive impact on audiences, seducing them.
b) Educational Films – The main proposal of educational ﬁlms is to disseminate new ideas or share some knowledge among audiences, and usually, they are part of more general communication programmes. They can serve as educational tools for school or professional education or introduce an innovative process in society or a speciﬁc industry.
c) Documentaries & TV Reports – These are usually ﬁlms created by independent producers or by television channels with the primary objective of informing on a given topic. These ﬁlms can be both apologetic and critical of a given phenomenon. In the ﬁeld of tourism, documentaries play a useful role, like the fact that they are independent productions gives them the critical distance that allows them to expose negative situations that need correction.
Each of the three sections (Promotional, Educational and Documentary) can include films of any of the formats and focus on any of the themes listed below.
• Commercials (up to 1’)
• Advertising Campaigns
• Promotional Videos (up to 15’)
• Animation Films
• Corporate Videos
• Short Documentaries (up to 30’)
• Documentaries (up to 90’)
• TV Programs
• Independent Travel Videos (up to 25’)
• Arts & Creativity – Films about Art Festivals, Fine Arts (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture), Visual Arts, Plastic Arts, Decorative Arts, Performance Arts, Applied Arts, Biographies of Artists, Art and Culture, Others.
• Music & Dance – Concerts and Music Festivals, Documentaries about all kinds of music genres (African, Asian, Avant-garde, Blues, Caribbean, Country, Electronic, House, Flamenco, Fado, Folk, Hip Hop, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B and Soul, Rock) and films about all kinds of dance genres (Ballet, Modern, Hip-hop, Ballroom, Folk Dance, Musical Theatre, Cabaret, Screen Dance); documentaries about the History of Music Bands, Biographies of Musicians, Others.
• Culture & Heritage – UNESCO Heritage (World Heritage sites; Immaterial World Heritage; Biosphere Reserves), Cultural Heritage, History & Heritage, Cultural events, Museums & Exhibitions, Heritage Interpretation, Ethnography and Society, Native Communities, Biographies, Legends and Rituals, Religion and Religious Practices.
• Tourism Destinations – Cities; Regions; Countries; Film Locations.
• Tourism Products – Cultural Tourism, Religious tourism, Mountain Tourism, Rural Tourism; Gastronomic Tourism; Ecotourism; MICE; Medical Tourism; Wellness Tourism, Wine Tourism; etc.
• Tourism Services – Hotels & Resorts; Restaurants; Tourist Recreation; Tour Operators; Sightseeing; etc.
• Adventure & Expeditions – Long-distance Trails; Pilgrimages; Routes; Trekking.
• Sports & Leisure – Active Tourism; Hallmark Sporting Events; Climbing, Mountaineering, Mountain Biking, Extreme Sports; etc.
• Environment and Ecology – Nature and Wildlife; Preservation of Biodiversity.
• Sustainable Tourism Issues – Response to Covid-19, Social Responsability, Ecolabels; Tourism Certification; Tourism Planning; Eco-mobility; Waste Reduction; Community-based Tourism; Best Pratices in Tourism Management.
• Innovation in Tourism – “Smartness” in Tourism, Apps for Tourism, Augmented Reality in Tourism.
Each entry must be labelled with:
- Name | full address | contact | tax number
- Title | goals | synopsis | locations | duration | format | year of production
- Section | categories
4. YEAR OF PRODUCTION
All films submitted to the Festival must have been produced after January 1, 2020.
The official language of the Festival is English and Portuguese.
In the International Competition, registrations are accepted in any language provided that the following requirements are met:
- Subtitles or voice-over in English;
- Synopsis written in English (complete scripts are not accepted);
- The film must have the subtitles inserted.
In the National Competition we recommend that the films have subtitles or voice-over in English since the Jury of the ART&TUR Festival is of international character.
6. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
The films that wish to participate in the ART&TUR Festival have 2 phases to do it:
- Phase – Early Bird Offer – ends on April 30, 2022 – includes specific discounts for the films submitted in the Festival during this phase.
- Phase – Standard Submission – ends on June 30, 2022.
Regardless of the date of registration, all requested materials, as well as the respective films, must be in the hands of the organization on June 30, 2022.
7. FORMATS & SENDINGS
Please certify to send all requested materials for each of the films entered. The films enrolled in the ART&TUR Festival must have at least the following or similar requirements:
- Full HD (1920×1080 px), 16:9;
- HD (1080×720 px), 16:9;
- Video Codec: H.264;
- Audio Codec: AAC;
- No copy protection + no loop
- Delete all region and security codes.
Films must be submitted during the filling of the registration form.
8. ENTRY FEES AND PAYMENT DATA
You can’t annul registrations. Payment of entry fees must be made in the FilmFreeway platform using one of the following means:
- Credit/Debit card
In case you are having issues with the payment or the submission, please contact us.
Entry fees and payments:
- By bank transfer, all bank charges must be paid by the participant;
- In case of multiple entries, a single payment can be made with the total value of the submitted films.
The entry fee must be paid immediately after the film has been submitted. The entry fee or any other payment is non-refundable and not subject to any legal recourse.
For Portuguese films or films about Portugal, there are 2 competitions at the ART&TUR Festival: the National Competition and the International Competition.
During the registration process, the films may be entered in the National Competition and/or the International Competition.
|Early Bird Offer (until 30 April)||60€||60€||100€|
|Standard Submission (until 30 June)||90€||90€||130€|
FILM SERIES OR ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN
|Early Bird Offer (until 30 April)||120€||120€||200€|
|Standard Submission (until 30 June)||200€||200€||250€|
9. JURY & AWARDS
The international jury is composed of professionals and experts from the fields of Audiovisual and Cinema, Tourism and Marketing and Communication.
In the National Competition, the jury awards prizes (1st and 2nd place) to the 2 best films in each thematic category. It also awards the prize of best film of each Region and the Grand Prix.
In the International Competition, the jury awards the prizes in the thematic categories (1st and 2nd place) of the section Promotional Films, Educational Films and Documentaries & TV Reports
In the overall competition of the Festival, the jury also awards the following prizes:
- Grand Prix:
- Grand Prix ART&TUR 2021
- Grand Prix Section Promotional Films
- Grand Prix Section Educational Films
- Grand Prix Section Documentaries & TV Reports
- Technical Awards:
- Best Commercial (up to 1’)
- Best Advertising Campaign
- Best Corporate Video
- Best Promotional Film up to 15’
- Best Animation Film
- Best Documentary up to 30’
- Best Documentary up to 90’
- Best TV Program
- Best Independent Travel Video
- Best WebDoc
- Best Original Soundtrack
- Special Awards:
- Best Iberian Film
- Best European Film
- Best American Film
- Best Asian Film
- Prizes in thematic categories: If 6 or more films have been entered in a given thematic category, prizes will also be awarded to the two best-ranked films (1st and 2nd places according to the jury ratings). If only 3 – 5 films have been entered in a given category, only the 1st place will be awarded. When in a thematic category only 1 or 2 films are entered, no award will be assigned (however, depending on the film content, the jury can recategorize a given film if the changing is beneficial for the entrant – see article 12).
Arts & Creativity – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(A1) Art Festivals Films
(A2) Fine Arts (Drawing, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture)
(A3) Visual Arts
(A4) Plastic Arts
(A5) Decorative Arts
(A6) Performance Arts
(A7) Applied Arts
(A8) Biographies of Artists
Culture & Heritage – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(B1) UNESCO sites (World Heritage Sites; Immaterial World Heritage; Biosphere Reserves)
(B2) Cultural Heritage
(B3) History and Heritage
(B4) Cultural Events
(B5) Museums and Exhibitions
(B6) Heritage Interpretation
(B7) Ethnography and Society
(B8) Native Communities
(B10) Legends and Rituals
Music & Dance – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(C1) Concerts and Music Festivals
(C2) Films about any kind of music genres (African, Asian, Avant-Garde, Blues, Caribbean, Country, Electronic, House, Flamenco, Fado, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Latin, Pop, R&B, Soul, Rock)
(C3) Films about the History of Music Bands
(C4) Biographies of Musicians
(C5) Films about any kind of Dance Genres (Ballet, Modern, Hip-Hop, Ballroom, Folk Dance, Musical Theatre, Cabaret, Screen Dance)
(C6) Dance Festivals and Contests
Tourism Destinations – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(D1) Tourism Destinations – Cities
(D2) Tourism Destinations – Regions
(D3) Tourism Destinations – Countries
(D4) Tourism Destinations – Film Locations
(D5) Smart Destinations
Tourism products – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(E1) Cultural Tourism
(E3) Wellness Tourism
(E4) Mountain Tourism
(E5) Religious Tourism
(E6) Rural Tourism
(E7) Gastronomic Tourism
(E8) Meetings, Incentives, Congresses & Events
Hospitality – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(F1) Hotels & Resorts
(F3) Tourist Recreation
(F4) Tour Operators
Adventure & Expeditions – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(G1) Long-distance trails
Sports & Leisure – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(H1) Active Tourism
(H2) Hallmark Sporting Events
(H5) Mountain Biking
(H6) Extreme Sports
Environment & Ecology – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(I1) Nature and Wildlife
(I2) Preserving Biodiversity
(I3) Preserving Natural Habitats
(I4) Natural Parks and Protected Areas
Sustainable Tourism Issues – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(J1) Corporate social responsibility
(J3) Tourism Certification
(J4) Tourism Planning
(J6) Waste Reduction
(J7) Community-based Tourism
(J8) Best Practices in Tourism Management
Innovation in Tourism – 1st and 2nd places in the following categories:
(K1) Smartness in Tourism
(K2) Apps for Tourism
(K3) Augmented reality in Tourism
The films that competed in the Terres Travel Festival (terresfestival.com) and ART&TUR Festival 2021 automatically compete for the IBERIAN (Best Film of the Iberian Peninsula) prize.
The jury may award special prizes. Winners who can’t attend the Festival and want their trophy at the end of the Festival will be able to do so. To do this, simply inform the organization and pay for the costs of processing and shipping. The amount of these expenses will be communicated to you by the organization after showing interest in obtaining the trophy. After receiving proof of payment, the trophy will be sent by post.
10. RIGHTS OF USE
When registering a film in the Festival, the participant assures the ownership of all the rights inherent to the registration and the access to those same rights during the period of the Festival. The registration guarantees that the rights of use held by the authors, copyright owners and other agents involved in the production of the signed film, with the exception of the rights protected by the companies holding the rights of exhibition, were legitimately acquired and the Festival reserves the right to use, not prevented by copyright or other rights of third parties.
When a participant registers a film, it transfers to the Festival the rights to use the entry, specifically the right to display the film in public, either in whole or in part, or to distribute it in whole or in part in “shows” or equivalents competitions. This also applies to photographs / images provided for the Festival. All use transfers mentioned above are valid internationally.
11. WINNERS NOTIFICATION
The works entered in the competition will be evaluated in advance and the winners will be notified in advance. The presence of the winning participants in the Award Ceremony is strongly recommended. The decisions of the jury are not subject to appeal. The decisions of the jury and the organization of the Festival are final and are not subject to any legal recourse.
12. LIABILITY OF THE FESTIVAL
The Festival reserves the right to reclassify the films by referring them to other categories when deemed appropriate. The Festival declines any responsibility for entries of films that are classified in the wrong category or enter the Festival registrations after the deadline stipulated for this purpose.
The Festival’s liability is limited to circumstances of willful or negligent conduct that apply only in the event of loss or damage of a submitted work. The Festival organization accepts no responsibility for the cancellation of the Festival due to force majeure and beyond its control.
The Festival reserves the right to display the works submitted in a “show” or equivalent event and to disseminate them in a medium deemed appropriate by the Festival. This also applies to photographs/images provided to the Festival. Participants transfer to the Festival all rights applicable to the above initiatives when the film is submitted. The Festival reserves the right to use all sound and image recordings made during the Festival for advertising purposes in any medium deemed appropriate by the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to exclude entries from the competition.
By submitting a film to the Festival, the participant accepts the regulations of the contest and all its rules, and the participant shall be entirely responsible for any damages, whether due to his or her own rights or by third parties, caused by the use of his or her registration or by false information provided. The place of exclusive jurisdiction for any litigation arising out of or relating to this regulation shall be Leiria. The personal data provided will not be disclosed or assigned to third parties.
14. CIFFT Ranking List – World’s Best Tourism Films
“ART&TUR – International Tourism Film Festival” is an official member of the International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals – CIFFT. Since 2008 the festival integrates a circuit that brings together the World’s Best Tourism Film Festivals in four continents and altogether makes this competition the most prestigious awards and recognition initiative for Travel Video Marketing.
All films that won an award in the international competition’s tourism section will be part of the CIFFT Ranking List. At the end of the year, this ranking determines the Top of the World’s Best Tourism Films in each of the six thematic Rank Lists.
The thematic categories are: Tourism Destination – Cities; Tourism Destination – Regions; Tourism Destination – Countries; Tourism Services; Tourism Products; and Independent Travel Videos;
The rating is expressed on a scale from 2 to 13. The film receives points according to the award obtained in the festival.
|Best Production (Best Documentary, Best Short Doc, Best Promotional, Best Commercial, Best Video Campaign)||10|
|Arts & Craft (Best Director, Best Photography, Best Editing, Best Script/Storytelling, Best Original Music, Best Sound Design, etc.)||5|
|National Grand Prix||5|
- In case that a film receives more than one award, only the highest award will be taken into account for the rank list.
- The awards obtained at the CIFFT candidate festivals do not count for the CIFFT Rank List.
- Regarding the National Competition in some of the festival members, only the Grand Prix Winner will be taken for the CIFFT Rank List.
- The CIFFT Rank List will be updated and published on CIFFT website, as authorized by each entrant, the week after the Awards Ceremony of each festival.
You can check the CIFFT Rank List through this link: www.cifft.com/ranking-list
Don’t miss the opportunity to be among the best tourism films. Check the link below to meet the other festivals that are part of the circuit.
For more information about the Ranking list or the CIFFT circuit, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ourém, 25 – 28 October
Ourém is the chosen city to showcase in 2022 the best films from Portugal and around the world.