Rules and Regulations of ART&TUR are issued in Portuguese and English. In case of doubt, the Portuguese version is valid.
Please fill out the registration form very carefully. The data provided will be used in certificates, diplomas and listings of the Festival. Once you have submitted the registration form you can edit it from your account.
1. FESTIVAL ENTRIES
The same film can be entered into different categories. In this sense, we encourage and invite multiple registrations. In the process of registration it is mandatory:
- Fill an individual registration form for each film or campaign;
- Pay the entry fee for each film or campaign submitted.
2. COMPETITIONS AND SECTIONS
The ART&TUR Festival has 2 competitive sections: TOURFILM e DOC.
The TOURFILM section is dedicated to the audiovisual productions of tourism promotion. In this section can compete films of the following formats:
- Commercials (up to 1’)
- Advertising Campaigns
- Promotional Films (up to 15’)
- Animation Films
- Independent Travel Videos (up to 25′)
The thematic areas of the TOURFILM section are as follows:
- Tourism Destinations (TD) – Films aimed at promoting tourism destinations, regardless of their geographical range:
- Countries; Regions; Cities; Film Locations.
- Tourism Services (TS) – Films dedicated to one or more of the following topics:
- Hotels & Resorts; Air transportation services; Maritime transport services; Restaurants; Tourist animation; Tour operators; Car rental; Sightseeing tours; Tour guide; Cruises.
- Tourism Products (TP) – Films dedicated to one or more of the following topics:
- Cultural tourism; Health and Wellness tourism; Gastronomic tourism; Ecotourism; Religious tourism; Shopping tourism; Events and Congresses; Medical tourism; Wine tourism; Rural tourism; Others.
- Independent Travel Videos (ITV) – Videos about cities, regions or countries produced by independent filmmakers and video bloggers or travel TV reportages.
The DOC section is devoted to documentaries and television programs. In this section can compete films of the following formats:
- Short Docs (up to 30’)
- Documentaries (up to 90’)
- TV Programs
In this section are accepted films of the following themes:
- Art, Music & Culture (AMC)
- Adventure, Expeditions and Travel (AET)
- Biographies (BG)
- Sports & Leisure (SL)
- Ethnography and Society (ES)
- History & Heritage (HH)
- Environment and Ecology (EE)
- Nature and Wildlife (NW)
- Preservation of Biodiversity (PB)
- Transports and Eco mobility (TEM)
- Sustainable and Responsible Tourism (SRT)
- Accessible Tourism (AT)
Each entry must be labeled with:
- Name | full address | contact | tax number
- Title | goals | synopsis | locations | duration | format | year of production
- Section | categories
4. YEAR OF PRODUCTION
All films submitted to the Festival must have been produced after January 1, 2018.
The official language of the Festival is English and Portuguese.
In the International Competition, registrations are accepted in any language provided that the following requirements are met:
- Subtitles or voice-over in English;
- Synopsis written in English (complete scripts are not accepted);
- The film must have the subtitles inserted.
In the National Competition we recommend that the films have subtitles or voice-over in English, since the Jury of the ART&TUR Festival is of international character.
6. DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS
The films that wish to participate in the ART&TUR Festival have 2 phases to do it:
- Phase – Early Bird Offer – ends on April 30, 2020 – includes specific discounts for the films submitted in the Festival during this phase.
- Phase – Standard Submission – ends on June 30, 2020.
Regardless of the date of registration, all requested materials, as well as the respective films, must be in the hands of the organization on June 30, 2020.
7. FORMATS & SENDINGS
Please certify to send all requested materials for each of the films entered. The films enrolled in the ART&TUR Festival must have at least the following or similar requirements:
- Full HD (1920×1080 px), 16:9;
- HD (1080×720 px), 16:9;
- Video Codec: H.264;
- Audio Codec: AAC;
- No copy protection + no loop
- Delete all region and security codes.
Films must be submitted during the filling of the registration form.
If case the film exceeds the allowed file size on the registration form, you can use one of the following means:
- WeTransfer – www.wetransfer.com – files up to 2GB
- MyAirBridge – www.myairbridge.com – files over 2GB
- Dropbox – www.dropbox.com
8. ENTRY FEES AND PAYMENT DATA
You can’t annul registrations. Payment of entry fees must be made in € (euro) using one of the following means:
- Bank Transfer
Entry fees and payments:
- By bank transfer, all bank charges must be paid by the participant;
- In case of multiple entries, a single payment can be made with the total value of the submitted films.
The entry fee must be paid immediately after the film has been submitted. The entry fee or any other payment is non-refundable and not subject to any legal recourse.
For Portuguese films or films about Portugal, there are 2 competitions at the ART&TUR Festival: the National Competition and the International Competition.
During the registration process, the films may be entered in the National Competition and/or the International Competition.
| National Competition (dedicated to Portuguese films |
or films about Portugal)
|National Competition||National Competition + International Competition|
|Early Bird Offer (until April 30)||60€||150€||100€||200€|
|Standard Submission (until June 30)||90€||250€||150€||300€|
|International Competition (dedicated to films from the rest of the world)||International Competition|
|Early Bird Offer (until April 30)||60€||150€|
|Standard Submission (until June 30)||90€||250€|
- PayPal – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bank Transfer:
- Bank: BPI
- Entity: Centro de Portugal Film Commission
- IBAN: PT50 0010 0000 5542 7540 0016 1
- BIC/SWIFT: BBPIPTPL
9. JURY & AWARDS
The international jury is composed of professionals and experts from the fields of Audiovisual and Cinema, Tourism and Marketing and Communication.
In the National Competition, the jury awards prizes (1st and 2nd place) to the 2 best films in each thematic category. It also awards the prize of best film of each Region and the Grand Prix.
In the International Competition, the jury awards the prizes in the thematic categories (1st and 2nd place) of the section TOURFILM. In the DOC section, the jury will reward the best between the number of films entered and the themes available.
In the overall competition of the Festival, the jury also awards the following prizes:
- Grand Prix:
- Grand Prix ART&TUR 2020
- Grand Prix Section TOURFILM
- Grand Prix Section DOC
- Technical Awards:
- Best Commercial (up to 1’)
- Best Advertising Campaign
- Best Promotional Film up to 15’
- Best Animation Film
- Best Documentary up to 30’
- Best Documentary up to 90’
- Best TV Program
- Best Independent Travel Video
- Special Awards:
- Best Iberian Film
- Best European Film
- Best American Film
- Best Asian Film
- Prizes in thematic categories: prizes (1st and 2nd place) are also awarded to the best films in the thematic categories.
The films that competed in the Terres Travel Festival (terresfestival.com) and ART&TUR Festival 2020 automatically compete for the IBERIA (Best Film of the Iberian Peninsula) prize.
The jury may award special prizes. Winners who can’t attend the Festival and want their trophy at the end of the Festival will be able to do so. To do this, simply inform the organization and pay for the costs of processing and shipping. The amount of these expenses will be communicated to you by the organization after showing interest in obtaining the trophy. After receiving proof of payment, the trophy will be sent by post.
10. RIGHTS OF USE
When registering a film in the Festival, the participant assures the ownership of all the rights inherent to the registration and the access to those same rights during the period of the Festival. The registration guarantees that the rights of use held by the authors, copyright owners and other agents involved in the production of the signed film, with the exception of the rights protected by the companies holding the rights of exhibition, were legitimately acquired and the Festival reserves the right to use, not prevented by copyright or other rights of third parties.
When a participant registers a film, it transfers to the Festival the rights to use the entry, specifically the right to display the film in public, either in whole or in part, or to distribute it in whole or in part in “shows” or equivalents competitions. This also applies to photographs / images provided for the Festival. All use transfers mentioned above are valid internationally.
11. WINNERS NOTIFICATION
The works entered in the competition will be evaluated in advance and the winners will be notified in advance. The presence of the winning participants in the Award Ceremony is strongly recommended. The decisions of the jury are not subject to appeal. The decisions of the jury and the organization of the Festival are final and are not subject to any legal recourse.
12. LIABILITY OF THE FESTIVAL
The Festival reserves the right to reclassify the films by referring them to other categories when deemed appropriate. The Festival declines any responsibility for entries of films that are classified in the wrong category or enter the Festival registrations after the deadline stipulated for this purpose.
The Festival’s liability is limited to circumstances of willful or negligent conduct that apply only in the event of loss or damage of a submitted work. The Festival organization accepts no responsibility for the cancellation of the Festival due to force majeure and beyond its control.
The Festival reserves the right to display the works submitted in a “show” or equivalent event and to disseminate them in a medium deemed appropriate by the Festival. This also applies to photographs / images provided to the Festival. Participants transfer to the Festival all rights applicable to the above initiatives when the film is submitted. The Festival reserves the right to use all sound and image recordings made during the Festival for advertising purposes in any medium deemed appropriate by the Festival. The Festival reserves the right to exclude entries from the competition.
By submitting a film to the Festival, the participant accepts the regulations of the contest and all its rules, and the participant shall be entirely responsible for any damages, whether due to his or her own rights or by third parties, caused by the use of his or her registration or by false information provided. The place of exclusive jurisdiction for any litigation arising out of or relating to this regulation shall be Figueira da Foz. The personal data provided will not be disclosed or assigned to third parties.
14. Grand Prix CIFFT Circuit – Rank List
“ART&TUR – International Tourism Film Festival” is member of the International Committee of Tourism Film Festivals – CIFFT since 2008. All awarded films are eligible for the GRAND PRIX CIFFT CIRCUIT, the award for the World´s Best Tourism Film and the World´s Best Tourism Commercial and will be displayed on the CIFFT Rank List available on www.cifft.com.
Grand Prix CIFFT Ranking Points are given to the winners at the CIFFT Member Festivals. See the full list of our Festival Members: www.cifft.com/about/#member
All films related to the promotion of tourism that compete individually in member festivals or are registered through the CIFFT Full Entry Service are eligible for the CIFFT Rank List.
- The CIFFT Rank List includes two categories: Promotional Films and Commercials related to tourism communication.
- The Grand Prix CIFFT Ranking Points are given to the winners of the CIFFT member festivals.
- The CIFFT Rank List determines the World’s Best Tourism Films and World’s Best Tourism Commercials.
The rating is expressed on a scale from 2 to 10. The film receives points according to the award obtained in the festival. For that purpose, the following scoring is used in the Ranking:
- Grand Prix – 10 points
- 1st prize/Gold – 7 points
- 2nd prize/Silver/Best or arts&craft – 5 points
- 3rd Prize/Bronze – 3 points
- Honor Mention/Certificate/Diploma – 2 Points
- National Competition (Best Film) – 2 Points
- In case a film receives more than one award, only the highest award will be taken into account for the rank list.
- The awards obtained at the CIFFT candidate festivals do not count for the CIFFT Rank List.
- The CIFFT Rank List will be updated and published on our website, the week after the Awards Ceremony of each festival.
You can check the CIFFT Rank List through this link: www.cifft.com/rank-list